Unresolved conflicts can be a constant source of stress. Are you harboring anger or resentment against a loved one, friend, or co-worker? Isn’t now the time to learn how to let it go? Wouldn’t you like to go to sleep at night without tossing and turning thinking about what they did to you?
Use these tips to help rid yourself of this type of stress:
1. Bring it out into the open. If you’re hurt, let the other person know how you feel. It’s very possible that they’re completely unaware of how the event affected you. Sometimes people can say or do hurtful things without realizing it. Once it’s out in the open, try to resolve it together.
2. Express your emotions creatively. Write down your thoughts in a journal or release your negative emotions in a creative outlet like painting, making music, dancing, or other activities.
3. Put it in perspective. There are much worse things that have or could have happened, right? Be thankful it wasn’t worse. Realize that none of us are perfect and that we all have our shortcomings. Try to see the good sides of the person that has hurt you; Nobody is all bad.
4. Forgive them. As you’ve experienced, holding onto this negativity has hurt only you. Refuse to let it affect your life any further. What’s the point? Forgive them, let it go, and move on with your life free from this stress. If the other party isn’t willing to forgive, that’s not of your concern. Once you forgive, move on.
5. Here are some affirmations you can repeat daily to help you heal from stress due to conflict:
✴ I let go of the anger inside me and I feel free.
✴ I sincerely forgive others.
✴ I am strong enough to overcome any negativity.