Although we’re all trying to make it through life, it’s interesting to contemplate how conscious we are about what we’re doing and the direction we’re headed. Reflecting on what you’re going to do next helps you plan for and accomplish your goals.
When you intend to do something, you’re much more likely to do it.
Do you know your intentions?
Here are some reasons why you might want to figure yours out today:
1. Intentions are powerful. When you intend to do something, you begin to set up your time and situations so you can make it happen. In essence, when you know your intentions, it brings you power that you cannot obtain by any other method.
2. Your intentions keep your plans in the forefront of your mind. Whenever you’re thinking about what you intend to do, you’re reminded of your goals. If you intend to lose weight, for example, you’ll catch yourself thinking about what you’ll do today to lose weight-what you’ll eat and how you’ll burn extra calories.
* Your intentions set you on a path to excel because they are on your mind consistently.
3. You can have short-term intentions and longer term intentions. A short-term intention might be going to work every day and excelling in some small way.
* A longer term intention might be doing your best work consistently so you can earn a promotion.
* Ensure you have both levels of intentions in place to keep you progressing in a positive direction.
4. You’re in control. When it comes to having intentions, it’s up to you to decide what you want in life and what you’ll do to achieve it. A wonderful thing about an intention is that you make a conscious decision to accomplish something. You might reach your goal that day, week, month, or sometime later during your lifetime.
* Intentions are a fascinating paradox because you control having intentions and your intentions, in a sense, drive (control) your actions. Ultimately, you’ll prosper because of them.
5. Having intentions gives you confidence. When you intend to do something, you’re optimistic because you know deep inside that you will do it. As a result, you become quite confident in your quest for the good life. You have a plan and you’re going for it.
* Your intentions bring self-assurance to galvanize your efforts to live your dreams with passion.
6. Others may view you as a role model. We’re all looking for someone to look up to, to receive guidance from, and to set a clear, positive example for us. Your intentions say a lot about you and enable you to be the one that others look up to.
* As a role model, you’re more likely to rise to the occasion and continue setting up powerful intentions in your life to take you where you hope to go. Everybody wins when you know your intentions.
Your intentions bring you great power over your future.
You’ll live a life you truly want when you know what you’re going to do with it. Your intentions provide powerful guidelines, bring you confidence, and spark your motivation to live your best life each day!
P.S. Do you want to discover more about the power of your intentions? Download my FREE guide to writing your own success story here.